It sucks because we've all been there. There is that subtle feeling in your heart that something's wrong.
Here are 6 signs that your ass is about to get dumped and what to do about it.
1. You're calling and he's not picking up. Context and past behavior matters. If he always picks up and you notice that he's not been doing it, that's the first sign. Most importantly, he's also not calling back. He may contact you through text, but not through a phone call.
2. His text and calling patterns change. He doesn't text you and call you at the same times anymore. He doesn't text you with his previous consistency. His communication patterns are off. His excuse is that he is busy.
3. He has an economy of words when he talks. He doesn't talk about any extra stuff unless you ask him to. When you do ask him, he'll give you a very simple answer that doesn't really garner a response. You notice that he talks to everyone else but there is an economy of words when it comes to you.
4. You make the effort to keep the conversation going. You notice that you have to make an effort now. It's a little harder to connect with him. You notice that you have to think of something in order to keep it going. There's a subtle fear behind that.
5. He's always away more and he’s busier now. Suddenly, he’s busy. He is busy with school now or he's working long hours. This is a big sign that he doesn't want to spend time with you. He’s cancelling plans with you because he's busy.
6. You are Googling if he's about to dump you. You're watching YouTube videos about whether or not he's about to dump you. That's how you know your a** is about to get dumped.
What do you do about it? When he's about to dump you, you must take the initiative and put him on the defensive. No one likes to be undesired.
Break up with him first and give him the excuse that you’re just not happy and you need a break. Give him permission to see other people. Say, ‘Baby, look, I’m not happy with this right now. I need a break. You can see whoever you want to see.’
Doing this puts you in a position of power. The problem with that is he may want to stay broken up.
You're running the risk that he might agree with you, but you're also improving your chances of getting back with him. It's a little ironic.
You can leave him, you guys agree to break up and there's no negative ending. A few months later, you could return to his life. Come back a better person. Come back hotter and smarter.
By dumping him first, he feels like he's the one who got rejected. This increases the likelihood that he might want you back.
If he's about to dump you, it's better to do it first.
We discuss this in greater detail in my course.... click here.